I loved Owen's curly hair. But, it had to be cut. His speech therapist was concerned because Owen didn't know whether he was a girl or boy, and often answered "girl" if someone asked. I kinda figured it wasn't because he's "slow" (he's not, he's a very smart boy). It's because everywhere we go people commented on the "cute girl". Grrr. So, for about 3 or so months now I've been working on cutting his hair. I did it the first time and didn't like it much. So I took him to a professional. Didn't like her cut much either. So I tried again. Didn't like it again (really- nothing will compare to those curls!). His hair was growing back straight though, no hope of growing the curls anymore. So I broke down today and bought a hair
trimmer. It's actually pretty nice. I was concerned that with the noise Owen wouldn't let me do it. But he did great! He started to flip out at the end because the hair on him was itching and bugging him (note to self- towel doesn't work well.... invest in one of those professional capes). But we finished and now he's in the bath getting all the cut hair off him. When he gets out and his hair dries I'll take a picture.
Nothing will come close to his curls, but I like this cut much better than any of his other ones in the last few months.
Here he is....
2 comments:
He looks like such a big boy now!!!
Those clippers are lifesavers--we've been buzzing Brandon's head for years because it's the only way I know how to do a boy cut, and it's quick. LOL!
what a cutie!!!
Post a Comment