blame Owen! Good grief this kid is just not going to let me breathe a sigh of relief anytime soon.
I took him to the dr this morning for a check-up. No fever (hasn't had one since Friday), ears and mouth all look good (all his sores in his mouth are gone), belly felt and sounded good. His blood pressure was high but, after getting some advice from mom, we took it at home in a non-stressful situation and it was fine- well within normal for his age.
He was doing fine all day- running around and playing, eating and drinking well. For dinner we went to Bob Evans and he had 2 pancakes, a large bowl of applesauce and 2 helpings of home fries. He did fine for about 3 1/2 hours after dinner. Then, when we were at the grocery store, he started looking out of it- not himself. I picked him up and he just looked at me with those sad little eyes and said he couldn't walk anymore because his belly hurt ;( We got through the rest of the store quickly and went home. He doesn't have a fever (97.0 in the ear). He says his tummy "really hurts", but I don't know exactly what that means. His belly is a lot harder than it normally is, but that could be because he ate a large dinner. He's not constipated (since he was in the hospital we had been giving him something to make him poop- he went a week without going- so he should be pretty cleared out by now).
This is not like him at all. In 5 1/2 years he's NEVER complained of belly pain until last week. Not even when he was vomiting and pooping so much he ended up in the ER years ago did he complain of pain. This is just so.... not like him. And I feel completely helpless.
What I do know, though, is I'm going to be completely on edge now. With having no explanation for the "free fluid" in the belly, it's making me a nervous wreck. I just have a "mom feeling" that we've not seen the end of this issue. I hope to God I'm wrong.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no!!! Are you going back to the hospital? Didn't they want you to go back if he says his stomach hurts again??
Hope everything is ok....
I've sent you like 3 emails, but you aren't responding! Are you getting them???
Post a Comment