And yes, I'm being outsmarted by a 4 year old.
This morning I had to run to walmart to get a paper (my sunday morning treat.... it has the coupons ;) ). So Owen said he wanted to go with me. Fine, no problem. We get there and park the car. I start to get out and Owen breaks down in his carseat, absolutely sobbing. I finally get him to calm down (thinking to myself "what in the world is going on???") and he explains that he wants me to stay in the car and he'll go into walmart by himself. Uhhhh.... nope. I tried to explain to him that we couldn't do that- we had to go in together. Tears are streaming down his face while he's trying to explain to me that he wants to go into the store by himself and get me a surprise. Awww... how cute. Then he adds that he's a big boy now and he just wants mama and Jason to be proud of him for going into the store all by himself and getting me a surprise. Well, darn. What the heck do you say to that?!? (The proud thing is cute- we've been working on emotions lately and he has a chart on the wall with different emotions... proud is the emotion phase for now). So I got him calmed down enough to get him to listen to me and we made a compromise. We went into the store together, and walked around together, but I would close my eyes when he found the surprise so that he could still say "surprise".
Sooo..... want to know what "my surprise" was?? A VeggieTales SingAlong DVD. Amazingly enough it was the same exact one Owen's been begging me for for weeks. But he was soooo nice to give ME that as a surprise ;) Yup, just tattoo "sucker" on me. LOL!
The kid is getting way too smart for his own good.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL!!!! Too cute! I can't imagine my reaction would've been any different than yours. I totally would've bought it for him too!
Post a Comment