Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shopping deals... or should I say "steals" ;)

Meijer trip from tonight. Total spent- $18.76. Total saved- $52.37. Woo!

How did I do it? Luck. LOL! They have a deal where if you buy $10 in Nabisco products you save $10 on 3 packs of Fruit of the Loom underwear (Owen's white shirts he's so fond of). Since I also had coupons for Nabisco products (some of which were also on sale B1G1) AND coupons for Fruit of the Loom underwear, it was a heck of a deal. I did all the grocery shopping part of the trip and then went to get the shirts.... but they had none in his size! I asked a stocker and she said they didn't have anymore but to ask a certain cashier for help. So I asked the cashier if I could get a rain check. She said she didn't feel like messing with that so she would just give me $10 off my order right now. LOL! Okaaay.... not arguing. I also got some rice sides for $1 each (we love these and the pasta ones), jello on sale (we use this to slightly flavor applesauce for Owen and he likes it.... as long as he doesn't see us do it and it doesn't change the color too much!), wishbone dressing on sale plus coupon, soup on sale plus coupons, peanut butter on sale plus coupon.

BUT, the best deal- by far- is this..... When I was looking for the fruit of the loom shirts I ran into the kids underwear aisle. In that aisle I spotted some clearance stuff. WHITE SHIRTS! Not just white shirts, but white shirts with little Thomas trains and Lightening McQueen cars! Small enough that they still qualify as a "white shirt" (I hope!) but enough to change it up a little. Packs of 2 shirts in each. Normally $7.99. On clearance for $1.59!!! I bought 4 packs (2 Cars and 2 Thomas, one of each in size 4 and size 6). I can't wait to show him in the morning. I *think* he'll like them. But he's been on a white shirt only kick so... who knows.

No comments: