Jason is leaving for Budapest, Hungary on September 4th. On the 11th he'll fly to Geneva, Switzerland. He will return to the US on the 17th. So... Owen and I will be going to Michigan on the 4th-7th. We'll return to Kentucky on the 7th. We will be back in Michigan on the 16th-20th. We'll pick up Jason from Detroit on the 17th and head to Sam's on the 18th.
If Owen and I didn't have school we'd skip town and be in Michigan from the 4th-20th but, alas, he'd be considered truant and I'd get in trouble for that one ;)
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aaaah, but isn't truancy only for kids over 6? Owen's still under compulsory schooling age. ;-) LOL!!!
Dude, you should just come sleep here during that first time...we'll have cake and ice cream for Ryland's birthday, and a butterfly release. I think Dave's parents will be here that Saturday, but not the rest of the weekend. Shorter drive for you. ;-)
Hmmmm.... Let me think on that more. I may drive to your place Friday night and spend the night then head to dad's Saturday. I was originally going to leave Kentucky after I pick O up from school that Friday (2:30) but Jason's flight doesn't leave until 5:30ish so we'll go take him to the airport and wait for him to leave, which means we won't leave Lexington until around 6pm.... which is a LONG drive to do alone at nighttime...
Nope, he really would be considered truant. It doesn't matter how old you are- if you're enrolled in Kindergarten you can be considered truant. We already had this lovely talk with the school because Owen WILL miss some days of school because of our trips to Michigan (which have been planned since the 1st of the year and we can't change because he legally has to be in Michigan a certain number of times per year). So the person we talked to was nice about it and helped us come up with a plan so he wouldn't be considered truant. But still.... it's bull.
To comment on the truancy further... here you're considered truant if you miss 3 or more days of school. If you're considered truant 2 or more times you're considered "habitual truant". If you reach "habitual truancy" (6 or more unexcused absenses) then they report you to the state and you have to go talk to the Judge.
Owen is scheduled to miss 4 days of school between now and Christmas. See the problem? But, like I said, someone from the school was very helpful and explained to us a way to try to get around this and keep him from being considered truant. We'll see if it works...
Wow! To my wedding straight from the airport! He's going to be sleepy! But that is so cool he gets to see different countries, even if it is for work. I mean seriously- will any of the rest of us ever got to Budapest? lol
Yes, I anticipate he'll be a bit tired. He tried to go home a couple days before but they said no. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much say in it. So.... with the time change and flights and everything, he'll probably be tired and cranky!
I'm just waiting for them to tell him to go on a business trip during summer vacation... I'm so going when that happens! All we would have to pay for is mine and Owen's airfare, food, etc. Hotel is already paid for (through his work) so that's a large chunk of money.
Wow, the truant laws never met Owen and his tendency towards illness, eh?
At least Jason doesn't have to travel with kids so that he can sleep on the plane...LOL!
No, they're just telling me that I have to take Owen to the dr every time I keep him home from school for being ill. Which is pretty stupid, if you ask me. He can have unlimited dr notes for being ill. But a parent can only write 10 notes per year without a dr note. He's already got 4 of his "parent notes" used just for Michigan travel between September and December. That leaves 6 for January-May. So, we just have to go to the dr every time I keep him home for being ill. Fortunately, our dr office rocks and will write us a note without a visit if I call and say he's ill. They'll also see us within a moments notice.... even if I just wander in the office and ask to see the dr or nurse practitioner :)
Post a Comment