For months Owen has been talking about a "birthday tree", which is like a Christmas tree. Except it's for your birthday. What a cute imagination! So, we couldn't disappoint him and made him a "birthday tree". The ornaments were stickers I found on clearance a couple months ago. We stuck them to thick paper, punched a hole and used some gold stuff to tie a loop in each. He was SO excited when he came downstairs and saw his birthday tree!

He's not excited at all..... no..... LOL!

He got to open one present this morning, the rest are for tonight. He opened up a Thomas DVD (shocker!) and was thrilled. Now he's watching it to give mama a little break since it's so darn early. And I stayed up late making tons of cupcakes (pictures to follow...).

More pictures after his birthday! Have a great day :)
Oh, one more thing. I read Owen a bedtime story every night. Last night I went to go read him one and he told me "No mama, you go lay down in the bed. I'll read you a story. I'm a big boy now!". And he did! He picked out the book (Bread and Honey) and read it to me. He needed help with one word and that was it! Of course, after he was done he told me "Okay mama, now you can read me a story". Stinker! Of course he got it :) I took a video of it, but it's too long to post on here. Bummer.
7 comments:
Happy birthday Owen!!! What a big boy you are! (And your gift will be sent out, eventually...we're not done with it yet. Or maybe it will take so long to finish, we'll just give it to you on Halloween. LOL!!!!)
So, what were his 10 things?
Too cute! Happy Birthday Owen!
Allison- Eh, just wait until Halloween. I think that's what everyone else is doing. No sense in shipping it out when he honestly doesn't care when he gets it... it just makes his birthday last longer. LOL!
Let's see if I can remember the 10 things off the top of my head....
1. Thomas dvd (Thomas Gets Tricked and Percy's Ghostly Trick... it's a double dvd)
2. Thomas dvd (Percy Takes A Plunge)
3. Thomas dvd (can't remember the name...)
4. Birthday tree
5 Decorate the tree
6. Ice cream
7. Balloons
8. Magic kit
9. Thomas train
10. Put the gifts under the tree
Yes, he counted the tree, decorating the tree and putting the gifts under the tree as a birthday present. What a cutie! We did end up getting him a few gifts that weren't on the list but he loved them so they were approved and no fit was thrown for going over the limit of 10. And yes he got 3 Thomas dvd's. And don't look in our closet or you'll find another 6 for Christmas. I found a great sale I couldn't turn down.
LOL...he's too funny! The reason it's taking us so long is because we found him a really cool art projects book (maybe we got it for you--it looks like something you'd use at work. LOL!) but now we're trying to find cool art supplies to put with it--we have a ton here that we bought in bulk for the kids, so we're putting together a kit for Owen--feathers and pompoms and pipe cleaners and all sorts of fun).
Unless he will only let us do 10 things too--that could be hard. LOL!
That sounds like an awesome gift! He went through a period (of almost a YEAR!) where he refused to do anything artsy. Not even coloring with a crayon. No coloring, no writing, not even a mark on the paper. No cutting with scissors, no gluing, no painting, nothing. But we've been working with his OT and now his preschool and he's *finally* back to doing art. YAY! And he now loves to cut papers. His teacher said he does it pretty much the whole time he's there, except lunch and recess. Unfortunately, she says "it's very obsessive with Owen, like he's in a trance when he's doing it". But, hey, he's doing it! So every day when I pick him up he shows me the pile of cut up paper he did (they save it for collages). Anyway, long way to say I think he'll love it!
Oh, and a cute story to go along with the cutting stuff.
Last week he brought home one of those Scholastic book order form things. Only his school ran out of the actual ones so we got a black and white copy from the copy machine. LOL. Anyway, I asked him to use the scissors to cut out the books he wanted. He refused. I asked again, he refused. Finally he gets all upset with me and says "We don't cut books, mama, only papers!". LOL! So true buddy, so true.
Hahaha, that's funny!
Brandon got the same book order form last week (only his was in color. LOL!). I love scholastic book orders--cheap books! Haha. Brandon got them at his old preschool and he loved getting his surprise book every month. :)
Post a Comment